Edit: It is now listed on the UConn website, though no press release yet. See here.
Big East - Big Ten Challenge:
Fri, Feb. 17: vs. Indiana at St. Petersburg, Fla, 4:00 PM ("away" game)
Sat, Feb. 18: vs. Purdue at St. Pete, 10:00 AM ("away" game)
|UConn co-captain Ryan Fuller will look to lead the|
Huskies to a repeat Big East regular title in 2012.
Cougar Invitational, Mt. Pleasant, SC:
Fri, Feb 24: at Xavier, 1:00 PM
Sat, Feb 25: at College of Charleston, 1:00 PM
Sun, Feb 26: vs. Rhode Island, 11:00 AM
Mississippi State Tournament, Starkville, MS:
Fri, Mar 2: vs. Lipscomb, 2:30 PM
Fri, Mar 2: at Mississippi State, 6:30 PM
|He will be joined by fellow captains Billy Ferriter|
(above) and Tim Martin. I think Ferriter is underrated
and that he could have a breakout year as a junior.
Sat, Mar 3: at Mississippi State, 2:30 PM
Sun, Mar 4: vs. Lipscomb, 11:00 AM
Nike Showcase, Eugene, Ore:
Fri, Mar 9: vs. Oklahoma, 5:00 PM
Sat, Mar 10: at Oregon State, 10:00 PM
Sun, Mar 11: at Oregon, 6:00 PM
Mon, Mar 12: at Seattle, 7:00 PM
Coastal Tournament, Conway, SC
Fri, Mar 16: at UAB, 12:00 PM
Sat, Mar 17: at Coastal Carolina, 1:00 PM
Sun, Mar 18: vs. Michigan, 11:00 AM
Wed, Mar 21: vs. Yale, 3:00 PM (HOME OPENER)
Fri, Mar 23: at West Virginia, 5:00 PM
Sat, Mar 24: at West Virginia, 3:00 PM
Sun, Mar 25: at West Virginia, 12:00 PM
Tue, Mar 27: vs. Hartford, 3:00 PM
Wed, Mar 28: vs. Central Connecticut State, 3:00 PM
|Our first Big East home series is against Seton Hall. |
Thankfully, as the road team, the Pirates will not
be wearing these hideous costumes.
Sat, Mar 31: vs. Seton Hall, 1:00 PM
Sun, Apr 1: vs. Seton Hall, 1:00 PM
Mon, Apr 2: at UMass, 3:00 PM
Tue, Apr 3: at Boston College, 3:00 PM
Thu, Apr 5: at Pittsburgh, 3:00 PM
Fri, Apr 6: at Pittsburgh, 3:00 PM
Sat, Apr 7: at Pittsburgh, 1:00 PM
Mon, Apr 9: at Quinnipiac, 3:00 PM
Wed, Apr 11: at Brown, 3:15 PM
|The Huskies will travel to archrival St. John's April 13-15th. |
Those are always exciting games to watch. This could be
the first real test for a young Huskies team. If
we can survive, we'll be in good shape.
Sat, Apr 14: at St. John's, 1:00 PM
Sun, Apr 15: at St. John's, 1:00 PM
Tue, Apr 17: at Fairfield, 3:30 PM
Fri, Apr 20: vs. Rutgers, 3:00 PM
Sat, Apr 21: vs. Rutgers, 1:00 PM (at Dodd)
Sun, Apr 22: vs. Rutgers, 1:00 PM
Tue, Apr 24: vs. Bryant, 3:00 PM
Fri, Apr 27: at Louisville, 6:00 PM
Sat, Apr 28: at Louisville, 1:00 PM
Sun, Apr 29: at Louisville, 1:00 PM
Sat, May 5: DH vs. Cincinnati at Dodd, 3:00 and 6:00 PM
Sun, May 6: vs. Cincinnati, 12:00 PM
Wed, May 9: vs. Northeastern, 3:00 PM
Fri, May 11: at USF, 7:00 PM
Sat, May 12: at USF, 6:00 PM
Sun, May 13: at USF, 1:00 PM
Tue, May 15: vs. Rhode Island, 11:00 AM (at Dodd)
Thu, May 17: vs. Notre Dame, 3:00 PM
Fri, May 18: vs. Notre Dame, 6:00 PM (in New Britain)
Sat, May 19: vs. Notre Dame, ??? (time is listed as 10:00 PM, I'm guessing either 1:00 PM or 10:00 AM)
May 23-27: Big East Tournament in Clearwater, Florida.
|Tim Martin could be a pleasant surprise|
this year as well. If he is inspired
by his Captain role, he could
by our #1 player in more than
just his uniform.
- We have five home games in six days in late March, then none for 19 days. Strange.
- I will be on campus for the Seton Hall and Rutgers series. No word yet on whether buses will be provided to students to Dodd. Unlikely though, during Spring Weekend, if they stick with they "no school sanctioned events" policy.
- Let's hope the home opener doesn't end in a tie again. If it does though, it's a Wednesday so I don't have night class.
- Speaking of which, I have a class Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 PM next semester, which means if any games are called 2-2 at 7:02 PM in the 16th inning, I'll have to leave early. Once again, let's hope that doesn't happen.
- I have never seen UConn home baseball games against any of the teams that come to Storrs this year.
- In the same vein, in that vein I have seen no UConn games in ANY sport against CCSU, Rutgers, or Bryant. However, with women's basketball playing the Scarlet Knights on February 4th, it appears I will see RU for the first time prior to April 20th.
- Rutgers is the only Big East team I have yet to see against UConn.
- However, I did see their Field Hockey team play Syracuse in the Big East semifinals
- Looking forward to a great season. Go Huskies!