Sunday, February 19, 2012

Game 2-14-82: Women's Ice Hockey vs. Boston University

These four reviews will be a bit short because I'm busy with midterms. 


What: Women's Ice Hockey vs. Boston University
Where: Mark Edward Frietas Ice Forum
When: Saturday, February 18, 2012, 2:00 PM
Result: Loss 3-2 (OT)

Right after getting off the bus back from XL, I headed over to Frietas to catch the remainder of this one. As I walked by Sherman, I heard them announce the final of women's lacrosse - we beat Iona 10-7. Well, that was the bright spot this weekend. The only bright spot.

When I got to this game, there were 15 minutes left in the second period, and it was 1-1. I don't usually arrive at games already in progress, but when I do, I'll count them if I got there before the halfway point (10 minutes of second period). I did, so this counts as a game in the log. Anyway, it was Senior Day, although I missed the ceremonies. Shortly after I got there, we got a goal to go up 2-1. We were playing the best hockey we had all season. It looked good for us. BU is the 10th best team in the country. Could we pull off the upset?

Alas, no. BU got an equalizer and another goal in overtime and won 3-2. Yet another loss for the Huskies when I was there. Well, in order to make the Hockey East Tournament, we need to beat BU on the road today and New Hampshire needs to lose. I wouldn't count on it. But let's hope for it.

But as you'll see, the real shock was yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment