Sunday, February 19, 2012

Game 2-12-80: Men's Ice Hockey vs. Bentley

I'm going to keep these four reviews short because I'm  busy with midterms. I'll have more content in reviews soon. I promise.


What: Men's Ice Hockey vs. Bentley
When: Friday, February 17, 2012, 7:05 PM
Where: Mark Edward Frietas Ice Forum
Result: Loss, 2-1, OT

Wow. This was a bad weekend for UConn sports. Really bad. After a bad series with Sacred Heart last weekend, it looked like we would bounce back vs. the Falcons. Billy Latta got an early goal, and we jumped out 1-0. But alas, it was not to be. Bentley got a goal in the second to make it 1-1. Not fun for us.

And then came overtime. The Falcons got a game winning goal, and our collapse continued. We got 1 point in two games vs. lowly Sacred Heart, then failed to get any vs. Bentley in a home and home. The "dream season" may be just a dream.

As for the Falcons' uniforms, they were hideous. Black uniforms, with a black "B", and black numbers with white trim. I wish I had a picture, but I don't. But they were hideous. Just black. Why?

Anyway, this was just the start of a very bad weekend for the Huskies. Read the rest of my posts in just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment