Monday, February 6, 2012

Game 2-8-76: Men's Basketball vs. Seton Hall, February 4, 2012

What: Men's Basketball vs. Seton Hall
Where: XL Center
When: Saturday, February 4th, 2012
Result: Win, 69-46

Wow. This was a bizarre game. At least we won, but we didn't deserve to. The thing is, Seton Hall deserved to even less. Turnovers abounded for both teams, and we struggled to make our shots (again). But Seton Hall struggled even worse. Hey, someone has to win, right? Well, yeah. I guess a win is a win. This was pretty much an unremarkable game, I'm sorry. That's all I can say. On a side note, this was the first time I had seen Seton Hall in basketball. The only Big East teams I had not (at the time) seen in hoops of either gender were Rutgers (who I'd see later that night), West Virginia (who I'll never see if they leave), and St. John's (who I'll see in the women's game 12 days from now). But enough of that.

Anyway, one remarkable thing happened. During the first half, they had a student shoot from half court to win a trip to Disney World. He made it! I've never seen that before. It was the best shot of the game. Really, we got lucky to win. We need to do better. I'll have a post on the women up in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment