Thursday, June 30, 2011

Top 10 Games of 2010-11 #3: Men's Basketball vs. Villanova, 1/17/11

Note: I was supposed to post this back in July, when I was doing my Top 10 games countdown. Unfortunately, it got stuck in my drafts and I never got around to posting it. So here it is, in its entirety, as it was written then, with a few notations.

My apologies for not posting this yesterday. This is game #3 on the Top 10 games I attended in 2010-11 list.

What: Men's Basketball vs. Villanova (original link)

When: Monday, January 17, 2011, 3:30 PM

Where: Gampel Pavillion, Storrs, CT

Result: Win 61-59

This was my first game of the Spring 2011 Semester. It was also Martin Luther King Day. Since 2002, I had always gone to a Knicks game with my family on MLK Day. This year, however, because the semester (should have) started the next day, I was back at UConn attending this game. It was nice - other than the soccer exhibition vs. Boston University over WOW Weekend, it was the only time I got to go to a game without worrying about schoolwork.

As for the game itself, it was close all along. Villanova tied it with 22 seconds to go and Kemba Walker hit a game winning shot with a second left to make it 61-59. And as for classes the next day, they were cancelled due to snow. They would be cancelled several more times over the next couple weeks. But this was the first game I attended Spring Semester.

Game #2 will likely be posted this Sunday as I will be in New Jersey on Monday for a wedding (my cousin ironically is getting married on Independence Day). Game #1 will be revealed July 11, after which I will likely not be reposting until August when I go back to school. (So much for that. If only...)

On a side note, the men's ice hockey schedule was released today. A post on that is upcoming. (Find that here)

No comments:

Post a Comment