Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 14, 2011 (Game 51): Women's Basketball vs. Oklahoma

What: Women's Basketball vs. Oklahoma

When: Monday February 14, 2011, 7:00 PM

Where: XL Center

Result: Win 86-45

Valentine's Day. And I don't have a girlfriend. So what do I do? I go to a Women's Basketball game vs. Oklahoma at XL Center. But I can't escape the Pink Craze because it's Pink Zone Night. And while our uniforms only have pink trim, Oklahoma's are Pink with red numbers making them look eerily like Pippi Longstocking. But I digress. The game was great. We got off to a lighting fast start (what else is new? Duke? Remember them?) and quickly blew the Sooners out of the water.

Of course, Ben Roethlisberger's sister Carlee was on the Oklahoma team, thus leading to chants of "Let's Go Packers!". Amusing and somewhat original. I like it. We should play siblings of star NFL Quarterbacks more often.

At the Under 4:00 Media Timeout of the second half, they had a Kiss Cam up on the scoreboard in honor of Valentine's Day. While the scoreboard mainly showed old people (some of whom weren't even kissing) Jonathan the Husky started doing a kissing dance with himself, at which point I ran up to him to make it look like I was going to kiss him (I wouldn't have). He then ran away pretending to scream and cry. Amusing. And hillarious. I actually made the security guard laugh. Sweet.

Anyway, our next game is men's basketball tomorrow night against Georgetown, followed by Women against Notre Dame on Saturday. We then have men's hockey Saturday night and the Women's Hockey Sunday afternoon (I have confirmed that Frietas is reopen). Go Huskies!

No comments:

Post a Comment